Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Do you like see food?"

Have you ever wondered what my meals looked like? Well Sarah from Living to Feel Good does, so I delivered!

9-4-07
Breakfast: Cheerios and Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal with skim milk, mango, and hardboiled egg.

Lunch: chicken chow mein, mix vegetables, and shrimp won ton soup.

Left over Chinese food from a party.

Dinner: shrimp salsa with tortilla chip crums and mango.

This evening we had a guest over and I also needed to help Hunter with his homework. I started the rice late for dinner and couldn't wait for it to finish, so I decided to eat this pathetic snack/meal in place of what everyone else ate. Needless to say, I slept hungry.









9-6-07
Lunch: turkey lasagna and squash soup

The squash soup was from my mother-in-law, but I made the lasagna with the help of Hamburger Helper. I also added frozen spinach and fresh broccoli.








9-7-07
Breakfast: Corn Bran Cereal with skim milk, hard boiled egg, and mango

Lunch: turkey lasagna and spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette

Dinner: chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat English muffin and salad with raspberry vinaigrette













9-8-07
Breakfast: blueberry pancake with syrup and hard-boiled egg

As you can see I eat a lot of hard-boiled eggs. The kids love it, and we boil a batch for them at the time so that they're always around.

Dinner: cheeseburger macaroni and corn on the cob.











It was actually kind of tough getting myself to take pictures of my food. I’ve done it before back when I first purchased my camera and wanted to use it ALL THE TIME. It was a useful tool to remind me of what I ate. However since I’m no longer honeymooning with my camera, it was easier for me to forget to use it this time around. But I delivered. Nine meals. Ideally they should have been three days worth, but this is close enough. I’m especially missing meals where I went out to eat or ate at a picnic. I wonder if it was coincidence or subconsciously intentional.

Never the less, I do not believe that this is an accurate representation of what I ate, since it’s missing pictures of what I eat during get-togethers, which tend to be overly indulgent. Additionally, I did not show what I ate as snacks, which are more than likely to be considered not too good for me than my meals.

4 comments:

MrsSH said...

Is this the amount you eat too no seconds? Its like very small amounts! Maybe I should start taking pictures of what I eat!

Lily T said...

Actually, I feel that these pictures are a poor representation of what I truly eat. I tend to overeat snacks and during get-togethers, which are omitted from this post.

Living to Feel Good said...

WoooHoooo!! Yay! Thanks for sharing the photos! Your food looks yummy and healthy. I am so glad you joined in the food photo fun with me!! :D

Unknown said...

I think you made a great effort, as I was looking at your pictures I was thinking.. wow.. I don't think I could remember to do the pictures, even more so because I don't always eat an actual meal - sometimes just a handfull of this, a handfull of that. It would be eaten before I could snap a piccy!

Btw, that soup spoon is SO cute.

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.