Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Acceptable Overweight

It could be a fluke. Most likely it is. After being 123 for a little over a month, my weight dipped down to 120! I’ve been 123 for so long, I had already accepted that weight as MY weight and was happy if I never lost another pound. To see a different number was quite exciting. It felt like I was going somewhere, accomplishing something.

I know that next week it will probably be 121 or even 122, but for now, it looks like I only have 5lbs until I reach my goal weight and that’s such a ridiculously low number. It’ll probably take me 4 months to lose, but it’s such a little number it matters very little I lose it any time soon.

I also had my body fat percentage measured, and I’m glad to say that according to the American Council on Exercise, I have left the “unhealthy” category and barely entered the category of “acceptable”. I’m happy with "acceptable". However, according to the American Dietetics Association, I’m still “overweight”. Ideally, I would like to lose 5% more, but for now I’m quite happy with my “acceptable overweight” status.

5 comments:

MrsSH said...

Congrats. Keep up the hard work. The little gain next week will be easily manageble and you are one step closer to your goal! The next 5 years *wink* is the true test of your success.

Unknown said...

Girl, I am SO damn impressed with you dropping that fat percentage so much to change categories; thats - in the words of Ron Weasley from Harry Potter - BLOODY BRILLIANT!

Living to Feel Good said...

Congrats with your loss! :)
So glad you will be joining me with the food photo challenge. Make sure you post your pictures Sunday night or Monday morning. Can't wait to see!! :D

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow, that's really impressive! I love too that even while you're watching the pounds drop you're not impatient about the process and you're thinking long term.

Unknown said...

[and by the way, you've been tagged!]

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.