Friday, December 15, 2006

Acid Reflux and My Unlce's House

My acid reflux is concerning me. I read in the Internet that it can lead to cancer! Yikes! So I started my vacation, vowing that I would avoid problematic foods (chocolate, peppermint, alcohol, caffeine, spicy, fatty, acidic), but I can’t seem to do it. You would think avoiding cancer would be motivation enough. Compounding matters is the fact that I’m at my uncle’s house right now. Granted my aunt is out of town and my culinary cousin is secure at his apartment near campus two hours away. Unfortunately, my aunt took the liberty of well stocking the pantry with sweet treats for our visit, including baked cookies and pies. In addition my uncle’s house is a very stressful place. The walls are thin and they have my room right behind their big screen TV, which is constantly on and constantly in surround sound. I can’t escape it and it’s driving me nuts, so I turn to food for comfort.

No comments:

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.