Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lost 6 Pounds in 2 Weeks




Today’s my weigh-in. I had decided that Wednesday’s would be my weigh-in. Two weeks ago, it was the day after my husband had confronted me with overwhelming concern over my pattern of eating, and it was the day I decided to put weight loss as my top priority. It just so happen to start with a W so it’s easy for me to remember. Wednesday’s weigh-in.

Anyways. I lost 6 pounds since I started two weeks ago… I don’t know how to feel. I feel shocked mostly, because I didn't think I was changing my eating patterns yet. I must have been changing them inadvertently since I'm recording and being more aware of what I ate. My husband was so happy for me. It makes me proud, but I’m not exactly jumping up and down with joy. I’m sceptical. I tell myself that this is only temporary. Yesterday, I had thrown away my belt because it was too big for me and it was falling apart anyways, so I’m wearing my husband’s belt. But I’m still wearing my pre-pregnancy pants when I weighed 160. They’re too big for me. Without a belt my shorts fall off past my hips. But I can’t bring myself to put them away or buy new clothes. I keep telling myself that my weight loss is temporary and that if I buy new pants I will be wasting my money. Am I being resistant to change?

On a different note... I tried a longer workout routine on Monday. I didn’t care for it. It’s not as easy to squeeze in an hour and a half in my day, as it was for an hour. I think I’ll rather workout more frequently throughout the week.

No comments:

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.