Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Day of Instruction

All my classes are on Monday, so that means I spend the whole day Mondays on campus. Luckily, my sister-in-law lives close to campus, so that I can store my lunch and dinner in her refrigerator, saving me money and calories. Yesterday was my first day of instruction. I brought a fruit cup, raisins, and a pudding cup with me, but it wasn’t enough. By mid-day, I was craving crackers. I settled on a bag of pretzels that contained 6 servings. I had divided a serving for myself and ate it before my research class, but during class I snacked on 4 more servings. Next time I shall (a) bring my own carb-like snacks or (b) buy a bag that contains only one serving.

For my first day, I wore a pair of jeans that were so large I needed a belt to keep it from falling (side-effect of losing so much weight). I’ve worn it before to the store and my parents’ house but being on campus with fellow students straight from high school, I am painfully aware that the ballooning fabric over my pelvis is not fashionable. It’s time to get rid of these jeans.

4 comments:

Anonymous GP said...

That must feel sooo good for your jeans to be so baggy,,. It shows you how well you have done.. Congratulations :)

What are you studying?

Lily T said...

Skinnyminny8,

It totally feels good to have baggy jeans. I remember when I couldn't even wear these same pair. It seems hard to believe.

I'm studying for a master's in social work

Kimberly said...

Yes, time for new jeans :)

And time to pack a lot more food next week! Planning is really important.

Lily T said...

You are so right, Kimberly. I'm going to do that. Plus campus food can get pricey.

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.