Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bring your body and your mind will follow.

One of my professors had said this on Monday. I said this to myself before my workout yesterday. It worked. I just have to get my body moving, get over the initial resistance, and then I start enjoying myself. Starting is the hardest part, especially since I’m feeling unmotivated lately. I’m tired of the same exercise DVD/videos, but money is scarce so I don’t want to buy more. My alternative forms of exercise are biking, jogging, and walking, but each has their drawbacks and obstacles. Biking. I don’t own a bike, so I only can bike when I can borrow from my sister, then I have to figure out who will take care of the kiddies. Walking is easiest to do. I use to do a lot of it, but I tend to slack off and go below my target heart rate range. In addition, it takes longer to burn calories to do this form of exercise, because it’s so low intensity. Jogging is the most effective and efficient, but my history of plantar fasciitis has made me wary of it, so I only do it on occasion. I’ve been thinking about rejoining Baby Bootcamp, an interval aerobics/weight training class done outside with a stroller. My friend just had a baby, and his wife called expressing her interest in it. I use to do Baby Bootcamp, but when Teresa turned 6 months old, she became inconsolable when the ladies looked at her, so I stopped. When I did, I discovered that I could do Baby Bootcamp by myself. Now I wonder if I should return. Teresa is braver now and exercising with others is always motivating. I just don’t know if I can come to grips with the cost of it…

Hmmm....Maybe I'll just continue to play mind games for motivation. Here are others I say to myself…

Exercise is great for stress management
Exercise will give me energy so I can do more chores and play with the kids
Exercise will make me happy
Exericse is the wonder drug
Strength training will make me strong so I can carry the kids longer
Strength training will improve my posture
Just do it
No excuses! (except when very sick or injured)

No comments:

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.