Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Shark Effect

Did you know that sharks close their eyes when they eat?

I'm like a shark when I eat something that I know I shouldn't. Yesterday, my mom gave my son a canister of potato chips to take home with him. (Good ole grandma). When my son went upstairs to go to the bathroom and pick a story for me to read, I swiped some. I ate it fast and standing up. Because I didn't want my son to know that I ate his chips. Because I knew I shouldn't be eating it. It was as if eating quickly would erase my act from existence. Then after my son slept innocently, I ate more of his chips. Again I ate it quickly. This time my husband was watching me. This time I ate quickly hoping that my husband wouldn't notice and comment about it. But I saw him noticing, so I ate even faster, hoping to tap into the secrets of time and space and erasing what I was doing. 1/3 of the canister. I felt so guilty. I hid the rest of the chips. Not to keep me from temptation, but in the hopes that my son will forget about the chips so that he won't find out how his mom acted so selfishly.


Shark Attack III Megalodon
Originally uploaded by Arkanh.

No comments:

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.