Monday, June 11, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Award


I’ve been given The Thinking Blogger Award by TrixieBelden! Thanks, girl! You know I love you and your blog! Now it’s my turn to award other bloggers that have made me think. These are blogs that have either provided me with insights into the mysteries of weight loss or have given me a new perspective. Although most blogs qualify, these blogs are outstanding in my opinion.

Diet Blog
by Jim Foster, Dr Carmin Iadonisi, Sylvia C. Hall, and Gabriela Cretan
This is a professional blog, but a portion of their profits goes to an eating disorder support site. This blog discusses the latest diet news and trends. It also provides useful weight loss tips and links. The discussion that follows each post is always lively.
by Anne M., jen, daisyk, and Lori
These intelligent women provide insights into weight loss, body image, society, and personal improvement. Even though, I think most of the writers are actively trying to lose or maintain weight, there is a tendency towards size acceptance, which I feel is a healthy balance. Don’t forget to read the discussion that follows, which often provides further insights and things to think about.
by Tree Lover
This is a personal blog of someone who’s successfully eating intuitively. I have tried this method multiple times with great difficulty (since apparently I’m not an intuitive person), but I would still very much like to develop these skills. This blog provides chalk full of insights to this way of eating/living and also provides insights into general self-improvement.

by Token Fat Girl
This girl is honest, honest, honest! Which is refreshing coming from a non-anonymous blog. She discusses her insights and opinions regarding her personal weight loss behind the background of the larger society.

Do you have an Extra Large in this?
by Marshmallow
This young lady is Indian and lives in New Zealand. The cultural differences and similarities of her life compared with mine provide me great insight. But there’s plenty for everyone to think about. She’s very intelligent with a good head for weight loss, especially the science and numbers behind it. Being mathematically challenged, I have learned a lot from her. She also showcases other blogs, when they provide thought-provoking posts.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sweet post & congratulations!

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.