Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Enjoy the Journey

I read a magazine article called “The Secret to Satisfaction”. It explained that satisfaction was not in obtaining the goal but in the process, planning, and practice towards the goal. At times I get obsessed with my weight loss goal, believing that it will give me the ultimate satisfaction that I forget about the little satisfactions along the way. I listed them here to remind me, so that I can remember that the journey is just as good (if not better) than the destination.

1. The feeling I get when I start to enjoy exertion.

2. The sense of peace I get after a workout.

3. Better posture and increased strength from weight training.

4. The increase of energy from good diet and exercise.

5. A sense of balance from eating well, exercising regularly, and giving time for myself.

No comments:

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.