Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Art of Limiting

I’m having an issue with time and the perception of time. I believe I have none and quite possibly I don’t. I was contemplating eliminating blogging and other activities out of my life, so that I can devote more time for job searching. “But which one?” I thought. So I wrote down all the things I do and would like to do during the week and all the time I actually have. And do you know what I discovered? I discovered that Ly was right. I have plenty of time to do all the things I want to do with time to spare for goofing off. My issue is that I have great difficulty limiting. Once I start daydreaming, it’s hard for me to snap out of it. It’s the same with TV watching and using the Internet. And it’s the same with eating food that I enjoy. All these things are similar to me in that way. At the same time, I can’t just eliminate these things from my life. I would like to go back to when I was living in moderation. I’ve done it before, and I’m sure I can do it again. I just need to practice.

Plan:
Limit TV watching and Internet 2 hours/day
Limit snacks and high-calorie snacks 1 serving/day

3 comments:

Roni said...

Balance is a hard thing. I struggle with it as well.

I hope you find balance!

MrsSH said...

Good luck! I always feel the path of making changes is to be aware and admitting there is a problem.

Living to Feel Good said...

I can have the same problem with the internet and tv. Good luck!

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.