Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fooled by the Greenery

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These past two weeks, staff meeting at my internship had been extended. To compensate they bought us lunch. Last week it was Chinese food and I was excellent. This week it was Panera, and I ate too much. I ate a huge salad with vinaigrette. In my mind, I thought that salad with vinaigrette would be inherently low in calories so I eat a lot, but when I looked it up it was 200 calories! In addition to that, I also ate a large sandwich. It was later on when I was feeling extremely full and drowsy that I realized the sandwich was too big to be considered ordinary portions. It must have been two ordinary sized sandwiches posing as one. I had fooled myself into thinking that I can eat a lot because it was a vegetarian sandwich, but I should have known by it’s creamy filling that it wouldn’t be low calorie. In fact it was 470 calories! And the large cookie, even when I only ate half of it was still 200 calories! (And here I was feeling proud of myself that I only ate half). So the total calories for lunch was 870! Whew! For being a “sandwich” place, they sure pack in the calories. But at least now I know. Next time I eat from Panera, I will only eat half of their sandwiches.

2 comments:

TrixieBelden said...

Panera's can be a killer! I eat there once a week before class on Tuesday nights. I've been getting the Greek salad with chicken added and the dressing on the side. It's great! Oh, and a large hazelnut coffee. I am addicted to hazelnut coffee! :)

Lacan Dropu said...

great blog!!!!!!
congratulations!!!!

Saludos!
Lacan Dropu
from Argentina
http://graciasporelrock.blogspot.com

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.