Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Weight Loss is Weird



The phenomenon of weight loss mystifies and confuses me. I was expecting to not loose any weight this week and maybe gain some, considering all the guests and food that the annual family reunion brings. But, quite the contrary. I lost again! One pound. Part of me thinks that the pounds will show up next week and that the loss was a fluke. But for now, I’m giddy with the happiness that someone might feel when he or she dodges a bullet.

Yesterday, my husband granted me whatever I wanted if I reached my goal weight. I told him that I was planning to give myself a weekend spa trip if I did that. He was shocked that I would want something so inexpensive for such an accomplishment. I told him to not worry about it, since I plan to gift myself for every little thing.

No comments:

I fear no one’s opinion! I am knowledgeable, focused, and efficient. I make this priority and build from experience. I do this for my children and myself. Supported by love, I will persevere.